Wednesday, August 8, 2012

For the Love of Purple

by Amanda Innace


Attention fashionistas! This is a code red--or should I say PURPLE! I'm facing a dilemma; homecoming is getting close and I am still on the hunt for the perfect dress, help! The good news is I've narrowed down my color choice... to five fabulous options! For my 2012 Homecoming, I'll be dawning a dress (or possibly an evening gown) in one of the following fabulous colors -- Red, White, Blue, Pink, and the star of this post and one of my personal favorite colors of the rainbows .. **DRUM ROLL PLEASE** ITS PURPLE!!! Why purple, you ask? Why would I choose this color for one of the most important nights on my 2012 calendar? Hmmmm...Purple is just such a vibrant color. As the color of royalty, its the perfect tone of regal elegance that classes up any formal attire. However, there is still something inherently youthful and fun about the color purple that reminds me of my childhood days when I was filled with wonder and curiosity. I want to shine so bright on homecoming night that traffic will stop like they've seen true royalty, and dance the night away feeling as carefree as I was during my childhood -- and since purple embodies these elements perfectly, it is definitely contender to  be my color of choice for my Homecoming 2012 Dress! So here are some of the amazing purple dresses for homecoming  that I adore -- who knows, one of these could end of being THE one for me -- Enjoy!




I think this dress is so much fun! The back is sweet, while the front turns into a party!
Is there any better color for feathers than purple?


These dresses by Dave and Johnny aren't just for homecoming --  both also work perfectly as cocktail dresses  if you feel like  rocking some potent purple to your next party! The designer dresses and gowns I'll be showing you next time will  have you seeing red -- so stay tuned for yet another color in my 2012 homecoming dress decision conundrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment