Friday, July 27, 2012

The Break out of Short Homecoming Dresses for 2012

by Amanda I.


Calling out all you fashionistas! This is your ‘Commander in Chief of Finding the Perfect Dress for Homecoming’. That’s my self-given title--maybe I should work on that. For now, you can just call me Amanda. Welcome!

I don’t know about you, but I have been searching high and low for the perfect Homecoming dress. This is becoming a problem; how am I supposed to successfully start out my Sophomore year in college without a dress?? Help!



Well, I’ve been doing some mindless browsing since I wasn’t entirely sure what kind of dress I was even looking for. A couple of days ago I thought to myself "I don’t want to show up in some long ball gown." When I think of long dresses altogether, I think of Prom, Sweet Sixteens, Weddings, etc. To me, Homecoming is about looking great without looking too serious. After all it’s a night dedicated to having fun to kick start the new school year. When I think of fun, I think about short dresses for Homecoming.

What’s great about short dresses is that they can be worn by many body types. Let’s face it, we’re not all 5’10 and 105 pounds. When you put on a short dress, you automatically look taller and slimmer--who doesn’t want that?? Part of being a fashionista is looking good from head to toe--and what I love about the idea of wearing a short dress is the fact that I get to show off a killer pair of heels!

Some of my favorite dress designers are Terani, Tony Bowls, and Jovani. Not to say that I wouldn’t wear a dress by anyone else, but those designers in particular always take my breath away. What worried me at first was finding a short dress that was just as breathtaking as the long gowns I’m used to seeing. Luckily for me, (about to attempt a cheesy joke) that fear was ‘short’ lived. Get it? Anyway, I ended up finding some amazing dresses that were far from disappointing!



This was the first dress I was lucky enough to stumble upon--it’s a Terani. I never would have thought that a short dress can look so fun and sexy. I love the V neckline--it adds personality and elegance. The beaded top is the perfect amount of embellishment. My favorite part is the back because it reveals just enough without overdoing it.



I nearly fainted when I saw this dress by Tony Bowls. The picture to the left is what I like to think of as the short version. When I was looking for my high school prom dress, I was so close to getting the long one pictured on the right. I love the fun colors and flowing material--it makes for a perfect homecoming dress.



This dress is unique to say the least, and I felt that it was a must-see. It’s part of Jovani’s line specialty homecoming dresses. The entire dress is embellished with fun and colorful stones--definitely meant for someone who wants to stand out! It looks like the top and bottom are separated, but it’s lined with a nude material just for the illusion. Very Clever!

As you can see, a short dress can be just as fun and show-stopping as any other dress. I was pleasantly surprised by my findings and hope you are too. There’s not too much time left before homecoming, so get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment